Important Note: For HTTPS users, there is an additional step to the installation process that you will need to do in order to fully enable Subscribers on your site.
To install Subscribers using Google Tag Manager, perform the following steps:
For HTTP and HTTPS users
1. Create an account on Google Tag Manager.
2. Once you’re signed in and have entered your website details, click on Add a New Tag under Workspace.
3. Give your tag a name, then click on Tag Configuration. Next click on Custom HTML.
6. Copy the script and then go back to your tag manager " Custom HTML" section to paste the script.
NOTE: Make sure there are no extra spaces or before or after the code. It also needs to be within the apostrophe marks on both sides. It should look like this ‘5f12d0d4-3391-455b-bd73-96f43563f3a6’
7. Scroll down and click on Advanced Settings. Make sure Tag firing options is set to Once per page.
8. Continue scrolling down the page and click on Triggering. Once the new panel opens, click on All pages.
9. Make sure your Site ID is correctly inserted within the code and you see the trigger set to All Pages. Next click on Save to save the changes.
10. To publish the changes on your live website, you’ll need to click Submit and then Publish.
Additional step For HTTPS users
Download the service worker file here. Install this in the root directory of your website. It should appear as:
For ALL users
12. Woohoo! You’ve just installed the Subscribers code onto your website. Your last step is to verify the installation.